Hair loss can be caused by vitamin deficiency, or by other causes such as aging, drug use, or infections. Adding vitamins to the diet grows hair by improving circulation, reducing stress, and adjusting hormones, all of which are known causes of hair loss. Yet having vitamin rich foods and supplements can help in hair growth. In fact, vitamins do more in promoting healthy hair than any hair growth shampoo, and thatâ€™s a true fact! That’s why you need to consume some vitamins to increase your hair growth.
Those vitamins for hair growth are available in foods and suplement, such as;
- Omega-3 fatty acids are important for a healthy scalp. Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. If you are vegetarian, you can get omega-3 fatty acids by adding a tablespoon or two of flax seeds to your diet each day.
- Hair mainly consists of a protein named keratin also present in nails. Vitamin H which is popularly known as Biotin produces keratin. This is why it is also known as â€˜Hair Vitaminâ€™. It promotes cell growth and metabolism that helps in hair growth and prevents brittle, fragile hair. Severe biotin deficiency can lead to loss of hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows. Adequate intake of Biotin can help in preventing hair loss and hair graying. Some of the natural sources of Biotin are yeast, whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice, milk, cheese, Swiss chard, peanuts, raw cauliflower, raspberries and avocado. The recommended dose if biotin to get rid of hair problems is about 30 mcg to 100 mcg per day.
- Vitamins A and C are used by the body to make sebum. Sebum is an oily secretion of the hair follicles, something like the bodyâ€™s own conditioner. Vitamins A and C are found in dark green vegetables.
- Vitamin B- Stress is a major cause of hair reduction. In that case, vitamin B is useful for hair re-growth. Vitamin B maintains metabolic rates. The vitamin of hair loss should consume enough of Vitamin B. we usually find it in meat and eggs.
- Protein, zinc, iron and biotin are all essential for strong, healthy hair growth. Eating three plus cups of beans or lentils every week will supply these essential hair nutrients. It should be noted that iron deficiency and hair loss go hand in hand.
- Vitamin D is associated with healthy hair follicle growth cycle. By stimulating the hair follicle and the cells that form the hair shaft, Vitamin D reduces hair loss problem. Also, vitamin D is necessary in order for the body to absorb calcium, which is essential for healthy follicles. Regular intake of Vitamin D can do wonder to your hair. Some of the natural sources of Vitamin D are mushrooms, fish, whole egg, milk, cod liver oil, salmon, tuna, cereal, pork, beef liver, ricotta cheese and so on. The recommended daily intake of vitamin D is at least 1000 IU per day.
And these below are some tips of vitamins for hair growths: :
- Just including these essential vitamins in your diet is not enough. A good hair care regimen, along with a daily dose of exercise will have wondrous effects on your hair. As mentioned earlier, keeping the stress at bay is equally essential.
- A daily dose of these vitamins is essential, but an overdose can have negative effects on your body. Vitamins particularly such as vitamin A isÂ fat-soluble vitamins, an excess of which can cause negative effects on the body. On the other hand, though the other vitamins such as vitamin C are water-soluble, even those should be consumed in the necessary amount and not in excess.
This is all about Vitamin for hair growth. While a lot of information is available on the vitamins need to faster hair growth, it is up to the person to decide how they should consume the vitamin. You can either incorporate foodstuff with high concentration of these vitamins or you can use vitamin supplements especially formulated to stimulate hair growth. Apart from supplement, a variety of combs, creams and lotions impregnated with these vitamins are also available.
Lastly, If you want to have long, beautiful and healthy hair, you must remember that regular intake of necessary Vitamins can do a great deal. However, vitamin rich foods and supplements should be taken only on consulting the doctor. Both less and more consumption of Vitamins can be bad for your hair. So, always take the required amount of Vitamins.Â Take care!