Medium hair is compatible and great with any styles, be it straight sleek to curly styles. Thatâ€™s why this medium hair called the most versatile hair. One of the good styles that fit with medium hair is a shag styles. Since the 1970s, the shag has been a popular haircut style.
This sexy style is thought to be flattering on most face shapes because the layers can be trimmed and textured to fall at particular spots, highlighting facial features such as eyebrows, eyes and cheekbones. To get medium shag hairstyles, you can practice with your friend at home. And hereâ€™s the simple ways to follow:
Things You’ll Need
- Spray bottle with water
- Plastic cape
- 2 towels
- Hair pins or clips
- Hair cutting scissors
- Ask a trusted friend to assist in the hair cutting process. This will enable precision when trimming the back of your hair.
- Attach a plastic cape around your shoulders. On top of the cape place a towel and leave the opening at the front. Using the water bottle, spray a light mist over the entire head so that the hair is sufficiently damp. Comb the hair so that it is tangle free and lies flat against your head and the towel.
- Ask your assistant to take over from this point. Using the comb, section off your head and clip the sections together using the hair clips. There are traditionally seven sections of your head to consider when attempting a layered or shag hair style; left side, top, right side, left crown, right crown, left nape and right nape.
- Start at the nose by pulling the bangs down and establishing a length from which to cut the rest of the hair. Cut the bangs, but be careful not to trim too much. This initial step will determine how the other layers will fall into the face.
- Cut the hair around the head following the perimeter. Be sure that you are cutting the hair by lifting it up from the roots and trimming the ends. This position will put the hair straight up thus giving the desired layered effect. Work from the front to one side and repeat the process with the other side.
- Move to the back of the head after the perimeter is complete. The back of the head is the area where you will be able to decide the length of the hair. Cut the bottom section to the desired length while leaving the hair flat against the towel. Work from the center back toward the ear on one side and then repeat the same process for the other side. You may want to taper the hair as it gets closer to the face and ear area. This will give the hair a bit more movement than simply leaving it cut in a straight line. You can taper by eyeballing this step.
Wet hair will shorten as much as an inch and a half once it dries while curly hair will shorten more). It is better to cut more off if needed later rather than cut the hair too short and experience the regret.
This ways can made your own shag style with your medium hair. Or if you are not really sure, you can go visit your favorite salon to get the best results. For an examples, weâ€™ll give you some pictures of medium shag hairstyles that might you can consider to imitate the style :
Medium shag hairstyles are good haircut for many women because it can be worn in different ways. This style is attractive on many women as it flatters many face shapes. It is especially appealing for women with thicker hair, as your hairstylist uses a razor to sculpt your hair into soft, shaped layers. However, the shaggy hairstyle is not for the timid. It calls for a flexible personality that embraces the shag’s messy, tousled look. The shag is deceptively messy as it has an organized structure of layers that achieve this look. Medium shag hairstyles enhances a woman’s facial features by framing the face with bangs and soft layers.