What does thick hair mean?
Basically having thick hair means having a lots of it but what does that mean? Having a high hair count (i.e. a certain number of hairs per square inch on your scalp) doesnâ€™t necessarily make your hair thick overall. For example,Â if the hairs wonâ€™t grow long enough, then your hair will not be thick from a styling perspective even if you have plenty of hairs.
Thick hair is referring to the diameter of an individual hair strand.Â The density (number of hair strands in a square inch) is “a lot” of hair.
The difference of thickness and thinness?
Thickness and thinness doesn’t mean more of less strands of hair. Â People with thin hair seem to have see through hair. It’s very thin and light hair. Like old men with balding, they had thin hair.
People with thick hair rarely never go bald. The benefits of thick hair is that it’s lucious and full and bouncy. Thin hair usually ends up in balding, but it’s very easy to straighten because theres not that much of the hair there.
If you want to see the differences look up pictures with girls that have thin and thick hair. I think that the main difference of thick and thin hair is the strands of hair are bigger and smaller in radius. It’s sorta hard to explain. A hairdresser would know how to explain it better.
What exactly makes thick?
It would be any the following below :
- Strong hair or individually thick hairs. The diameter of a human hair ranges from 17 to 181 micrometers which is less than one 100th of an inch. Obviously, if you have a greater diameter, your hair overall will be thicker.
- A relatively high terminal length. This matters from a styling and wearing point of view. Your hair can be extremely thick but wonâ€™t look or feel thick unless most of the hair grows as long as you keep it cut. More on this below.
Source : Ley, Brian (1999) Diameter of a Human Hair.
If you have these type of hair especially for medium thick hair, donâ€™t worry about how to style it, many people who have medium thick hair always trying to straighten it, But here are some medium thick hair styles that you can to make a different style :
style of short hair is the pixie cut, which features very short hair characterized by short, wispy layers. Short hair can be a touch longer, still featuring layers, but more length on top so you can get some upward volume.
Layered hair for faces and thick hair looks great if hair wavy. If you don’t Undulated and then hair, you can work with a curling the mousse or sea spray instant salt of wavy hair to hair. To obtain this medium thick hair styles to face round, cut your hair near the Crown in some layers and the rest of the hair in layers, so that the hair ends look narrow. Then cut to the front in bangs long side with the ends of the hair cut a little lttle, to give a well separate hair off ends look.
bob is another one of those haircuts that have a lot of variations. The main characterizations of the bob are a fringe or bangs and a longer length around the sides and back. The length around the sides and back can range from the jaw line to just brushing the shoulders. The bob works well for curly hair also.
Tips To Stop Hair Loss & Keep Healthy Thick Hair :
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips (not your nails) daily to stimulate and promote circulation to your scalp and reduce excess fallout. Invert your head while you shampoo & massage your scalp. This helps promote blood circulation to the head.
- Essential oils & tea . To stimulate scalp circulation, massage the scalp with rosemary essential oil or rinse hair with tea made from sage.
- Comb or brush your hair and scalp gently in the morning and at night. This helps break up hardened oils (sebum) that are clogging your hair follicles. Doing this alone has produced new hair growth. Do not over do combing or brushing.
- Keep a distance from dryer’s heat. When using blow dryers, always keep the heat a good distance from your scalp and hair. Avoid heating the scalp and hair excessively. Excessive heat will increase hair loss, and excess fallout.
- Avoid getting hair creams, lotions, styling gels and sprays directly on the scalp as they will clog your hair follicles. Use a light hold spray if you must.
- After swimming in a pool, shampoo your hair as soon as possible to remove any chlorine residue. Chlorine is extremely damaging to the hair and scalp.
- Avoid over-exposing your hair and scalp to the wind and sun. Good hair care over a long period really makes a difference~!
- Avoid tight hats and caps as they contribute to poor circulation, depriving the hair of proper nutrition and stunting new hair growth. The sweat, dirt and grime around the rim inhibit follicle health and contribute to build-up.
- Always consult your health care provider for extreme causes of excess fallout and thinning. A medical condition or medication could be causing hair loss side-effects.
- Strive for balance and harmony in both your personal and professional lifestyle. High stress factors can cause your body to react by fluctuating hormone levels. This in turn causes excessive oil secretion (sebum) which results in hair loss.
- Avoid “crash and fad” diets. Proper nutritious meals along with vitamin and mineral supplements are a key factor for healthy hair and skin.
- Good hair care starts with awareness. These hair care tips, if followed consistently, will reduce excess fallout, hair loss, and promote new hair growth.
- Eliminate stress or else it can be disastrous to your precious hair.
- Get enough sleep. Sleeping well is essential for the health of your hair as well as for the rest of your body.
This is a great style for those who are looking for medium thick hair styles. Just with some simple steps you can get a vintage glamour look. And some simple tips about how to care medium thick hair better. Though some say that medium thick hair is it is impossible to handle all the time, but imo, if you had medium thick hair thatâ€™s mean you are blessed. Â Could be true because i already gives you some tips for handling and styles your medium thick hair to do it quickk… No worries. However, anything that has been given by God to us is a gift, our duty is treatâ€™em well, and about so many obstacles are common, thereâ€™s always a bunch of solution to solved it, you know, the real beauty always comes from the insideâ€¦