Frizzy hair can be a cause of worry for the many who face difficulty in managing their hair. While most people acquire this hair condition from their parents, others causes include excessive use of hair care products, lack of moisture or proteins in the hair, humid weather or windy climate, overexposure to sun, regular coloring and perming or bleaching of hair.
The basic problem of this type of hair is lack of moisture. This dehydration of the hair makes the hair porous, which in turn loses the ability to hold moisture. Unlike normal hair, in which the cuticle is closely knit, in frizzy hair, the cuticle stands out. Both men and women are found have this type of hair and are desperate to find out some treatment for the same. There are a number of ways to get rid of frizz, both can be natural or product based.
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair?
Things You’ll Need
- Blow dryer
- Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
- Volumizing spray
- The biggest source of frizz is damp hair, so make sure your hair is always completely dry before leaving home. If you expect rain or humidity, take measures to keep your hair from getting damp again – a hood or scarf is a good choice.
- Make sure your hair is getting plenty of moisture when you wash and condition it. Rinse with cold water to give hair extra shine and to further fight frizz. If hair seems extra dry, consider a trim and a leave-in conditioner to give it an extra boost.
- When blow drying, use a volumizing spray to help keep your hair from looking too flat yet keeping your locks smooth.
- When finalizing your style, be careful not to use too much hairspray. Use a very light misting to keep your fly away hair in place, but not so much that you lose all the volume you created.
Things You’ll Need
- Shampoo and conditioner specific for dry, damaged or frizzy hair
- Hair serum
- Wide-toothed hair pick
- Purchase hair products intended for frizzy, dry or damaged hair.
- Gently blot your hair with a towel to squeeze out excess water after a shower or bath. Do not rub vigorously since this can damage the hair strands. Use a wide-tooth pick and gently comb through your damp hair to remove tangles.
- Pour a dime-sized amount of hair serum in your hand. Gently rub your hands together and glide your palms over the strands to help smooth frizzy hair and seal in moisture.
- Air dry your hair if possible. If you must blow dry your hair, use the cool or lowest heat setting and concentrate the air at the roots of your hair. Use a diffuser or ion dryer for best results.
- You need to use proper products for frizzy hair like those containing moisturizer and meant for dry hair. You should go for a natural shampoo that contains least amount of chemicals. You also need to invest in a ‘leave-in’ moisturizing conditioner.
- If you have an outdoor job or carry out outdoor activities everyday, you need to wash your hair 2-3 times a week with a mild shampoo and a conditioner to prevent them from being frizzy. If not, 1-2 washes a week are just fine!
- Applying coconut oil to hair is considered one of the best remedy as it is a natural product to tame frizzy hair. You can warm coconut oil a bit and apply an hour before washing.
- For taming frizzy hair in humidity, you need to invest in products like cream based hair moisturizers, hair gel, hair sprays, etc.
- One of the most effective frizzy hair solutions is to comb hair properly and then wash them. This way, the hair will tangle less while washing. You can also try and remove as many large tangles with hands while washing hair.
- Towel or natural drying is the best way to avoid tangling of hair. You should avoid the blow dryer as much as possible. If it is to be used in an emergency, you should use it on a low-medium note and away from the roots of hair.
- You should also avoid using products like straighteners and curlers. You can straighten frizzy hair naturally using a hair spray. If you need to use a straightener, you can apply moisturizer to your hair and then use the hair straightener.
Tips for frizzy hair
Hairstyle: Choose a low-maintenance hairstyle. You feel that donning long hair is the ‘in thing’ and you are skeptical to do away with your long frizzy tresses. You could still look glamorous by cropping your hair short. Short hair doesn’t need frequent brushing or combing. You could still make a style statement. Remember, it’s not always about how you look, but it is about how well you carry it off. The attitude counts. One of the important tips is to trim your split ends regularly.
Best Shampoo: The three best shampoo for frizzy hair are Aussie Moist Shampoo, Pantene Pro V Relaxed and Natural Shampoo and Paul Mitchel and Kerastase- Anti-frizz Shampoo. Aussie shampoo comes in a 2 in 1 formula, and helps to maintain dry frizzy hair to minimum. If you tend to straighten your hair using a flat iron or blow dryer then consider using Pantene. After using this shampoo, one doesn’t even need straightening. Also, it is one of the best shampoo for men with frizzy hair. You can also use Kerastase Bain Oleo Curl Shampoo, which is a bit more expensive than the other products, but is one of the best shampoo for curly hair. It helps to wash the hair without weighing the curls down.
With appropriate hair care, you can not only control your frizzy hair, but also make it look gorgeous. The above said are some solutions for frizzy hairÂ can help you to achieve this goal. All you have to do is to adopt these measures, which include some changes in your lifestyle too.