The side swept hairstyles are very easy to wear and suit almost every facial shape. These pretty and fun side swept hairstyle can be created at home for a fraction of what you would pay at a salon. It’s also a great way to wear your hair if you’re trying to grow out your bangs. Side swept hair is a casual, classic look you can put together in no time.
Depending on what style your outfit is can create a chic side swept hairstyle with a few simple tricks. There are some side swept hairstyles variations that you can try. For more details, find it on the next paragraph;
Ponytails never seem to go out of style. Sometimes they’re more popular on different parts of the head and with various lengths of hair. A side-swept ponytail can be elegant or casual, depending upon your choice of accessories and finishing touches.
- Wash and condition your hair the day before you wear a side-swept ponytail. Styling your hair immediately after shampooing leaves it prone to breakage from tight ponytail bands. By the next day, some of your hair’s natural oils will protect the hair shaft and lend it some shine.
- Blow-dry your hair on a medium/low setting, using a large round hairbrush to straighten out waves. Use a straightening balm if your hair is naturally kinky.
- Brush dry hair thoroughly before gathering behind one ear and binding with an elasticized ponytail holder. Run your fingers lightly over your hair in the direction of the ponytail base to assure that there are no major lumps.
- Spray your head lightly with hairspray and run a medium-tooth comb gently from the roots to the ponytail base in order to bring unruly hairs into a uniform pattern. When the comb reaches the base of the ponytail, slide it out gently at an angle to keep hair smooth.
- Curl your ponytail for a flirty look or apply styling pomade for a sleek sophisticated look. As a finishing touch, you can add a ribbon or bejeweled band.
Side Swept Formal Hairstyle
The side-swept formal hairdo is perfect for any formal occasion. You may think you have to see a professional hairstylist to create this look, but you can do it yourself. Use the suggested products, tools and tips to create this beautiful side-swept formal hairdo for your next formal event. The up-do style is sleek and elegant but is also fresh, young and edgy.
To create :
- Run a nickel-size amount of styling cream throughout hair and comb through with a styling comb to evenly distribute product. The styling cream will help to smooth out the hair and also help hold the style in place. Create a deep side part to either side of your hair using the styling comb.
- Using the teasing comb, tease the hair at your crown by inserting the comb about halfway down the hair and then combing straight down. Repeat this as many times as you need on as many sections of hair as you need to create a pouf.
- Smooth the teased hair by gently brushing the top layers with a natural bristle brush. Continue brushing hair all over, directing it into a low ponytail and secure with a hairband. Be sure to leave a section in the front of hair on either side of your part out of the ponytail for styling later.
- Wrap the ponytail hair around the hair band and secure the ends with a couple bobby pins.
- Taking the biggest section of hair in the front that was left out, sweep that hair into a C-shaped curve along the side of your head and bobby pin the ends into place by criss-crossing two bobby pins. Smooth the other side of hair along that side of head and tuck the ends into the bun you created in the back.
- Spray hairspray all over the style for a finishing hold.
Romantic Side Swept
The next variations of side swept hairstyles is romantic side swept hairstyle. These style usually for dressy occasions. To create a romantic side swept hairstyle for dressy occasions, you will need a curling iron, hairspray, bobby pins, an alligator clip, and a small comb. First, heat up the curling iron and then roll your hair into long ringlets. Once your hair is completely curled, take the small comb and gently begin teasing the top part of your hair up in a small bouffant. Next, back comb your curled hair to give it extra body (the best way to do this is to bend your head down and brush your hair from the back). Once you have the desired height and body created, take the small comb and brush all of your hair over to the side. Secure it in place with a long alligator clip and bobby pins and spray, spray, spray. Again, make sure your hair isn’t teased too big or too high, as you do not want to take a bad trip back to the 80s with a dated look.
The Side Swept Curls Hairstyle
If you looking for sophisticated, sexy and elegant look, then you must try the side swept curls hairstyle. To create; Create a side parting in your damp hair and blow-dry your hair straight, giving it the once-over with a hair straightener if necessary. To achieve the side-swept curls, separate your hair into medium-sized sections. Curl each section tightly and, as you remove the curling tong, carefully pin up your curl while your hair is still hot. Once your hair is all pinned up, allow it to cool for about 10 minutes before removing the pins. Gently brush out the curls until they lose their tightness and start to resemble bigger waves. Pull your hair over your shoulder (away from your side parting) and finish with a spritz of shine-enhancing hairspray. If you need some extra help keeping your hair over your shoulder, place a couple of bobby pins just below your ear underneath the start of your curls. You can opt these hairstyle for every formal occasions.
Side Swept Fringes
Side swept bangs look very sassy with short haircuts. To get this trendy hairstyle with side swept bangs, get a haircut with choppy layers at the back complemented with sweeping bangs at the side. To create this hairstyle, shampoo and condition your hair. Separate the hair into large sections with the help of a brush and blow dry them. Apply hair mousse to the bangs and blow dry them while holding the brush underneath. The mousse will ensure that the bangs are set properly. You can also create volume at the crown with the help of a blow dryer. You can also use a roller for setting your hair, which will give your hair a fuller look. Short haircuts can be given a sultry, sexy look with side swept bangs. Bob hairstyles with bangs are best suited for round faces. Use a hair spray to finish this look.
Side Swept Bangs
Medium length or shoulder length haircuts are easy to manage and are very comfortable to maintain. Subtle layers can be added to this hairstyle to make it look more attractive. This can be teamed up with long side swept bangs. If you have straight hair, then you can get a razor cut to get yourself an edgy look. Styling medium-length hair with bangs is very simple. All you have to do is apply a hair mousse or styling gel to your wet hair and blow dry hair straight. Separate the bangs and blow dry the roots. This will add volume to the hair. Using a small flat brush, curve the ends of the hair and blow dry. This will give a versatile look to your medium-length hair. If you want to straighten your hair, apply a smoothing balm and use a flat iron in small sections of the hair from root to tip. For a shinier look, apply a shine serum to your hair.
Side swept hairstyles are very versatile and can combine with all styles and suits for all kinds of hair! For casual to formal events definitely suits with side swept hairstyles. And for example, check out some pictures below!
For another ideas, you can go side swept with braids, go-updos or waves hairstyle. Or you can surf at the internetÂ and just find it at some fashion magazine. Also, feel free to ask your hairdresser to achieve the best result.