If you’re looking for a hairstyle that’s super sexy, chic and really easy to do, then the side bun hairstyles would be your next option. For those with hair that is medium to long in length, a side bun is a dainty yet uncomplicated hairstyle. Worn at the nape of the neck and to the side, just behind one ear, a side bun is suitable for a formal event or a day at the park. It might look incredibly complicated to create but actually is pretty easy to do yourself at home.
Take some inspiration from celebs on the red carpet for different styles of side bun hairstyles. Surf the internet for sure, and you can check some celebs hairstyle with a side bun like Taylor Swift. She sported a cute curly messy side bun at the CMT Music Awards a couple of years ago.
How to Create a Side bun!
- Brush your hair to remove any knots or tangles with a paddle brush to enhance glossiness. Part your hair in a deep side part.
- Smooth the hair back into a taut, low ponytail that is pulled to one side of your head; leave your hair parted. Wrap an elastic hair band to form a side ponytail.
- Twist the hair in the ponytail in the direction away from the ear. Coil the twisted hair around the elastic band and continue twisting the hair, until you reach the tip of the ponytail.
- Hold the tip of the hair against the elastic band and wrap a second elastic band around the bun, so that the band falls in place over the first.
- Secure any loose strands of hair with decorative bobby pins, such as those adorned with flowers, butterflies or rhinestones. Take the hair around your face that is on the fullest side of the part and pin it back with two of the bobby pins.
- Spray your hair with a shine-enhancing spray and then apply hairspray.
How to Create Low Messy Bun!
- Apply a dime-sized amount of straightening gel to freshly-washed towel-dried hair. Distribute it evenly throughout your hair.
- Blow dry hair under medium heat, using a paddle brush to get hair extra sleek and shiny. Hair gets straighter if you dry it in sections instead of all at once.
- Pull hair into a loose ponytail at the nape of your neck on either side you prefer. Secure it with an elastic band. Twist hair loosely until it naturally falls into a bun. Secure bun with as many bobby pins as needed.
- Run your fingers through your hair to loosen it. You want your bun to look messy, but not slovenly. Continue to work fingers through hair until you create your ideal look. If you have bangs, keep them loose on the forehead.
- Finish off with a slight mist of hairspray to keep locks intact. If you want to dress up your look, a headband, or embellished bobby pin looks incredibly chic.
- Create curls. If you want something more romantic and pretty, curl your hair throughout with a large barrel curling iron after it’s blow dried. Follow all the steps for creating a low side bun. Your hair will still look deliberately messy but a bit more elegant.
And here’s the video turorial!
For another different styles of the side bun hairstyles, check the video tutorial below!
The Side Bun Hairstyles Pictures
- For a bun that is full of body and shape, you can curl the hair from half way down the shaft first and pin the curls in to a bun.
- Keep teasing sections of the hair as you are forming the bun if you want it to be big.
- Ideally do this look they day after a hair wash, the dirtier your hair, the easier it will be to create the side bun.
- This look does not have to be perfect in fact, the more â€˜freestyleâ€™ the better.
- For special occasions, pop your side bun hairstyles with a flattering flower. Lilies and orchids look exceptionally beautiful. If you are using a lily, use a single flower, since lilies are quite big. If you plant to go with orchids, a couple of orchids, or three arranged in a triangular pattern will look charming. If you want to use smaller flowers, you can tuck them in the bun randomly. You may also tuck flowers around the bun, so as to outline the bun. However, don’t outline the entire bun. A feather hair fascinator will also look gorgeous. Feather hair accessories work to add that extra glamor to a plain hairstyle.
The side bun hairstyles are not only fashionable, but look exceptionally classy and have that killing retro look. It is one of the cool hairstyles for girls. It looks marvelous on long, sleek, straight hair, as well as bouncy curly hair.