The Finger wave hairstyles are a retro-inspired ladies’ hairstyle popular for events like weddings and galas. If you wish to have a vintage, classic hairstyle then adding finger waves to your hair is one option to consider. Finger waving creates regular ridges or waves in the hair. These can be left as set and worn quite close to the head or brushed out for a somewhat softer and less formal look. Hair with natural wave will finger wave somewhat more easily and hold better than straight hair. Pin curls can be used to finish short hair, or longer hair can be barrel curled or finished with a curling iron.
This amazing classic hairstyle is making a comeback with Hollywood actresses flaunting the look in movies and award functions. Although, they get the hairstyle done by a professional hair stylist, you don’t need to be disappointed by that fact. You also can try it outÂ for yourself to achieve glamorous look like them. Check out the following instructions below to create finger wave hairstyles and definitely get the job done on you:
Require some things such as
- Hair gel
- Wash your hair as you normally would. Wait 10 to 15 minutes, until the hair is wet but no longer dripping. Part your hair to the side.
- Place your middle finger across your hair, next to the part. Your fingertip should be touching the top of your forehead.
- Press the comb against the side of your finger. Drag the comb’s teeth through a 1-inch section of hair sideways along your finger. You should see a wave beginning to form.
- Place the comb flat against your scalp without lifting the comb from the hair.
- Place your index finger next to your middle finger. Close the two fingers together and apply pressure to the head in order to form a ridge.
- Drag the comb through your hair again but in the opposite direction than before. At this point the ridge should be visible and a wave should be running through your hair.
- Create another wave, ideally 1 or 1 1/2 inches away from the first wave. Continue to do so until the waves are running across your head.
- Gently comb through the waves once they have dried. Mist your hair with a holding spray to set the style.
Provided below are some example pictures :
These finger wave hairstyles work on short and medium length hair perfectly. The length of your hair will give the desired weight to the hairstyle, lending it the appearance of beautiful waves. The waving lotion will help keep the waves in place. But if you have a long day ahead of you and want to make sure that your hairstyle doesn’t falter, then apply some hairspray to seal it.