Fishbone braid also known as herringbone braid or the fishtail braid is one of the most popular braided hairstyles. If you are bored with your old normal hairstyle then you can opt these style to get a new adorable look. Fishbone braid also really easy to do and absolutely not spend so much time. Basically, fishbone braid just takes a little technique to do.
Once you do it right then after that you can go with another experiment. Like you can combine it with waterfall braid or making updos with these cutie braid.
To create a fishbone braid we only took just in 5 steps. Hereâ€™s the steps :
- Divide your hair into two large sections.
- Pull a thick strand of hair from the outside of the first section over itself, and add it to the second section.
- Do the same for the other side. Pull a skinny strand of hair out from the outside of the second section, and add it to the first section. Err on the side of making it loose.
- Keep repeating the steps until you reach the end of your hair.
- Finish your fishtail braid off by tying your hair with an elastic. Add a cute ribbon or charm to give it some personality if youâ€™d like!
As an example results, below are some pictures of fishbone braid:
Once you’ve mastered the regular fishbone braid, you can ring in the changes by adapting the crown braid (Dutch/Heidi braid) technique to the fishbone pattern. Classic braids provide a different look, which can be made sophisticated by coiling the braids into a bun at the nape of the neck. For a looser, flowing look, gather some hair as if you were making a half-ponytail and fishbonebone braid it, leaving the rest of your hair loose. Braids are best made with slightly greasy hair, so they hold their shape. Damp hair works well too, but hair should not be soaking wet. Wet hair stretches easily, and can break or be damaged if it dried while stretched in a tight braid. The fishbone braid looks elaborate and time-consuming, but itâ€™s actually fun to do! So donâ€™t hesitate to give a try girls!:D