Spiral curls can be defined as hair with fine and well-defined corkscrew-like perms. Natural spiral curls are very rare and many girls opt for artificial perming of hair. Spiral curls are also sometimes referred as ringlet curls. These curls are usually preferred for prom nights and parties, and these ringlets can be formed with help of steam curlers or curling irons. for those of you who have black hair, getting the curls at home is very easy, but you need a lot of patience and time to obtain these beautiful curls. Moreover, the time and the effect depends on the hair texture and length.Â Obtaining spiral curls for short hair is very easy since you have very less hair to work upon.
Black hair that has wavy texture are quite easy to curl, while curling straight hair can take a lot of time and effort. Â These curls can look very romantic and with an updo created using spiral curls, you can look gorgeous!
Follow the steps below to get cute spiral curls black hair ;
- Begin with clean, deeply conditioned hair.
- Blow-dry the hair straight using a handheld dryer.
- Go over strands with a flatiron.
- Curl with a medium-barrel curling iron.
- Run your fingers through your tresses, pulling each curl apart to give the illusion of fullness.
- Complete the look by spritzing holding spray from root to ends.
Besides above steps to get gorgeous spiral curls black hair with medium-barrel curling iron, there are some another methods that you can try, such as;
- If you are thinking of getting spiral curled hair permanently, then just go to a salon. The stylist will use medium-sized rods to perm your hair. Perms can take many hours, so make sure you do it on a day when you are free. Perms can last for months, till all your hair grow out. However, hair perms are not a good idea, as they can be first of all expensive, and what if you don’t like the result, also the harsh chemicals they use are not good for the hair health. So, think twice before you go for perming to get spiral curls.
- Sea salt spray is so easy technique. You can use this technique to style you hair in beautiful body curls. In the same method can be used to create springy spiral curls. You can use other similar styling products too. Curling hair serum or curling hair mousse works the same.Â Apply the hair styling product on wet hair generously, then twirl on strand of hair around your finger tightly and then blow dry, voila instant spiral curly lock. This way work on the rest of the hair to get spiral curls.
- Damp your hair and apply a hair setting solution like a cream or spray or anything similar. Then hold the hair away from the scalp, and twirls it around the finger tightly, and set it on the head using bobby pins in a cross pattern. Repeat for all the hair sections, and leave the hair like this overnight, and take off the pins in the morning to reveal great looking spiral curly hairstyle.
- Another great way to spiral curls black hair is using rollers. If you feel the plastic rollers uncomfortable to sleep with, then use foam rollers. This method is similar to above. On damp hair apply a hair setting solution, wrap hair around medium-sized rollers and the fix them with bobby pins and leave overnight. Remove rollers in the morning, and you will have bouncy soft curls.
If you notice that your hair are not getting curled properly, then you can use a little hairspray when your hair are on the curling iron. But make sure you clean the curling iron after you use it. Also, do not use comb or run your fingers through your hair while curling. You might lose your curls if you work your hair with comb or fingers. So, now when you know the technique of getting these curls, use the above-mentioned steps or method and get a beautiful curly hairstyle. Good Luck!