A hot oil treatment is used to bring over processed, dry, or damaged hair back to its normal state. By following this method on a regular basis, you are bound to see effective results. Here, we discuss what this treatment entails, and what you can use to benefit from it.
Homemade Hot Treatment for hair that you can try :
- Take four tablespoons each of olive and canola oil in a small bowl. You may also take soybean oil or mayonnaise in place of olive and canola oils. Add 2-3 teaspoons of honey to it. Mix all the ingredients well. Warm the mixture by keeping the bowl on a heated pan. Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair evenly on all the sides. In order to make this task of applying oils and honey mixture on your hair, you can divide your hair in different sections and work on each section separately. Make sure that each and every strand of hair is covered with the mixture from root to tip. The oils and honey will provide the much-required oil and moisture to your scalp and hair.
- Once you are done with the application of mixture on your hair, massage your scalp by running your fingers on it through your hair. Do it for at least 5 minutes or till you feel warmth on your scalp. Take a towel and dip it in warm water. Take the towel out and squeeze it to remove extra water from it. Wrap your head well with this wet and warm towel. Keep it on for 30 minutes. This is done to allow effective penetration. Take it off and wash your hair thoroughly with plenty of water. Use a quality shampoo meant for dry and damaged hair to wash your hair well and remove greasiness. Wrap a clean towel around your hair to sop up the water.
- Allow your hair to air dry. Do not comb the hair while wet as it weakens the hair roots, which eventually results in hair loss. Comb your hair gently when it is dry. You will find your hair soft, smooth and conditioned. This is surely the magic of hot oil hair treatment at home. To get rid of dryness from your hair and give it a silky and spectacular look, you should perform this considered-to-be the best hot oil hair treatment at least once a week. Try to do it once a week for the initial 3-4 months. When you find satisfactory improvement in the condition of your hair, you can treat your hair with hot oil once in 2 weeks.
- Since your hair is naturally dry and lacks moisture, it is advisable for you to perform hot oil treatment for hair at least once in 15 days. This will help your hair stay healthy, moisturized and well-conditioned always. Hot hair oil treatment is also recommendable for dyed or colored hair. In case of severe damage or dryness of hair, hot oil treatment involving micro-silicone conditioners will prove to be of great assistance. Such a treatment includes a self-warming conditioner which is massaged into the hair. It is followed by wearing a heating cap to allow absorption of the ingredients into the cortex and core of the hair. This particular way of getting hot oil treatment for hair not only requires comparatively more time and effort but also more expenses.
Thatâ€™s homemade Hot Oil Treatment for Hair might you would try at home. With this treatment, you can avoid hair sticky and hair become more lustrous and healthy. and for some hair problems you can follow the steps below to resolve it.
How to Treat Hair with Hot Oil
- 10 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 2/3 cup sunflower oil or cold pressed olive oil
- 10 drops geranium essential oil
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbsp Vitamin E oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
Pour sunflower oil or olive oil in a zip lock bag. Now add vitamin E oil, honey, lavender oil, sandalwood essential oil and geranium oil and squeeze the bag, to mix the ingredients. Keep the bag aside and take a large bowl. Pour hot water in the bowl and put that plastic in hot water. Remove it from the water, as soon as it becomes warm. Do not heat! Apply this oil treatment to the hair and cover it with a warm towel. After 15 – 20 minutes, wash off with regular shampoo.
Hot Oil Treatment for Dry Hair
- 8 drops of sandalwood oil
- 8 drops of lavender oil
- Â½ cup of soybean oil
- 8 drops of geranium oil
Pour all the ingredients in a measuring cup and mix well. Now heat the contents in a microwave for 25 seconds. Do not boil, heat only till the components become warm. Your hot oil treatment is ready. Start applying this oil on the hair. Massage gently, so that the oil can reach deep inside. Once you finish applying, comb the hair with a boar bristle comb and then wrap it in a hot towel for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, rinse with your regular shampoo.
Hot Oil Treatment for Damaged Hair
- 2 tsp jojoba oil
- 1tsp organic sunflower oil or organic soybean oil
Mix all the ingredients together and stir well. Heat the mixture on low heat. Once it becomes warm, start massaging into the hair. Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it remain for 15 minutes. Shampoo as usual, conditioner not needed. Apply once in a week to get maximum benefits of hot oil treatment for hair.
Homemade Hot Oil Treatment for Curly Hair
To make a jojoba hot oil treatment, youâ€™ll need 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil and 1 teaspoon of organic soybean oil or organic sunflower oil. Combine the ingredients and warm using low heat. Massage into hair and wrap hair in a hot towel for 15 minutes; then shampoo. If you have very long hair, you can double the recipe. To make a rosemary hot oil treatment, youâ€™ll need 1/2 cup of organic, dried rosemary and 1/2 cup of organic soybean oil or organic sunflower oil. Combine the ingredients and warm. Strain using either a fine strainer or cheesecloth. Coat your hair with the mixture and wrap in a warm towel for 15 minutes; then shampoo.
Hot Oil Treatment for Hair Benefits
Hot oil provides the hair with certain moisture, which helps to reduce the dryness of the hair. There are glands around the hair shaft, which are known as sebaceous glands. These glands secrete oil known as sebum. This oil make the hair shiny and also water-resistant, to some extent. Damaged hair does not secrete as much sebum as the healthy hair and that is why they do not have a shine like the healthy hair.