Platinum is the lightest shade of blonde. Platinum blonde is also the most fabulous and sexy hair color. So, if you decide to transform your old hair color into sophisticated look, then platinum blonde is your best choice.
Before you go to dyeing, it is important to follow the directions very carefully or permanent damage can occur, including breakage due to a chemical burn. Although many people prefer to leave hair dyeing to professional colorists, you can achieve a beautiful platinum blonde hair color yourself by using the proper techniques and good quality hair products. So, make sure make sure you follow the instructions how to do platinum blonde hair dye correctly!
Here is a simple way to do platinum blonde hair dye by yourself:
- Make sure you are in a well-ventilated room, because the color has a very strong smell and is not very easy to get rid of. And put on some goggles since, if the color enters your eyes, they will burn like hell. So use something to cover your eyes. Remember safety comes first!
- Mix equal parts powdered bleach and developer until it reaches a creamy consistency.Â Those with light-colored hair should use 20-volume developer.Â For darker hair use 30-volume developer.Â 40-volume developer should only be used by professionals, since it increases the risk of hair damage. The proportion may differ based on the coloring strength of each brand.
- Separate your hair into 4 sections to make the bleach applying process simple. Start applying the mixture to your hair. Make sure you don’t start at the roots. Start with the ends and slowly continue to the roots. The challenge is to apply everything uniformly otherwise you will end up with multiple shades of platinum.
- After you are done with applying the bleach, put a clear plastic bag on top of your hair. Make sure all your hair is tucked inside. Let the bleach stay for up to 60 minutes.
- Wash out the hair with a Ph neutralizing shampoo and apply conditioner.
- Check if the shade of your hair is as desired. And now have the hair you wanted!
For the example results, letâ€™s take a look some pictures of beautiful women with their platinum blonde locks!
Platinum blonde hair dye needs to be maintained regularly, so this can get expensive. But don’t fret, once you learn how to do it correctly and you can find all the ingredients you need online.