Platinum Blonde is one of the most favored hair color among women in all ages. This color into trends and breakthroughs these days. Platinum blonde hair colorÂ pioneered by the 1950s sexy icon, Marilyn Monroe. Her hair really got the audiences whistling like the wolves! Unfortunately, its popularity dipped as time passed and suddenly found itself unwanted and ‘old-fashioned’. But finally, the platinum blonde mane has made a comeback as most immortal style statements do. Its cause was championed mostly by some of the most beautiful women of today like Scarlett Johansson and Maria Sharapova, platinum blonde hairÂ is back with a bang. Then all women over the world adored this hair color and today,Â you can see mostly women wore this color.
If you want to dyeing your hair into platinum blonde, make sure you will doing it with the right steps. Here are some steps that you can follow:
- Purchase lightening bleach that has 20 or 30 volume developer. Make sure to stay away from the 40 volume developer as it can be harmful enough to melt your hair.
- Wear your gloves and in a bowl, combine the bleach with the volume developer. Use a hair brush to mix.
- Sit in a well-ventilated room and wear old clothes that you don’t mind getting stained. Prepare slightly more bleach so that you don’t run out of it in the middle.
- If you are not confident that you can reach the hair strands in the back, have someone help you out. Make 8-10 sections of hair and apply the bleach mixture from the roots till the ends.
- Once all the sections are properly applied, use a shower cap to cover your hair for at least 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, wash the bleach out, shampoo normally, and use a deep conditioner immediately. This will help induce moisture into your hair.
- If your hair is dark brown, then you might have to repeat the process again to get the right color tone. Wait for minimum 2 weeks before you repeat the process.
- Depending on how many times you have to bleach your hair, 2 or 3, you will have to deep condition hair extensively or else they may turn dry and unhealthy.
- If after repeated bleaching, your hair turns to a yellowish-blonde instead of platinum blonde, use a blue based toner to remove the yellow color.
For maintaining platinum blonde hair color you just need to ;
- You need to deep condition your hair every time you repeat the bleaching process. Your hair is being bleached with harsh chemicals and it requires an intense deep conditioner with jojoba oil.
- Along with deep conditioning, you need hot oil hair treatment that will bring the lost moisture back into your hair.
- Purchase blue based shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair. This will keep the yellowish and orangish color tones out from your hair.
- Protect your hair when you go in the swimming pool, sunlight, and beach.
- Pat dry your hair after washing them and apply leave-in conditioner immediately. Also, use mousse to style hair properly.