Many people suffer from the problem of dry, dull, damaged and lifeless hair. The basic reason behind such a condition of your hair is the lack of oils in your scalp to hold moisture in it. There can be several factors responsible for the insufficiency of oils in hair. The one that is the most prominent and common is genetic predisposition. Your genetic makeup can be such that the skin, especially the scalp, does not produce natural oils in required amounts. Hence, your hair is deficient in moisture content.
Other reasons can be everyday environmental problems that include temperature changes, pollution and humidity. To add to these, regular brushing and usage of hair care and styling products such as curlers, straighteners, steamers and dryers can remove the natural oils from your hair. Fortunately, there is an efficacious method of treating the condition well. This is Olive oil hair treatment.
Benefits ofÂ Olive Oil Hair Treatment
The use of olive oil is one of the most popular methods to treat hair. The list of benefits that it has is quite long. That’s what makes it a very popular choice even by professional hairdressers. Given below are some of the points that will tell you why heating and using it is one of the best ideas.
- Olive oil is one of the best natural conditioners that are available. It makes the hair soft and lustrous.
- It has moisturizing properties. These properties help to bring dried and lifeless hair back to life.
- Apart from moisturizing, it also renders a glossy sheen to dry and dull hair.
- Using heated olive oil enables the hair to get completely covered and also gives a very relaxing effect to the scalp and hair. The dried skin cells are removed, the hair gets some much-needed relaxation and you feel rejuvenated.
- Apart from these uses, it is also widely popular to use olive oil for hair growth.
- Using olive oil as a remedy for hair loss is also a good idea.
- Since it is a completely natural remedy, you don’t have to worry about the harsh and harmful chemicals that are present in commercial conditioners.
Olive Oil Conditioner
- First of all, get Â½ cup olive oil, Â½ cup aloe vera gel, few drops of essential oil, 1/8 cup baby oil, and 2 cups coconut oil.
- Once you have the ingredients, mix them in a bowl and use it as a conditioner.
- After you have washed your hair with the shampoo, apply this mixture on your scalp and hair.
- You can even whisk in 2 egg whites in the conditioner to give your hair a beautiful shine.
- Rinse hair properly so that the conditioner isn’t left in the hair.
For Dandruff and Hair Growth
- To remove dandruff from hair, we will use this treatment.
- Warm olive oil in microwave and massage it into your scalp and hair, till the ends.
- Now wrap a hot towel around your head and hair.
- Let the towel be till it cools down. You can even repeat the hot towel step once more.
- In the end, wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Let your hair air dry.
For Dry Hair
- Let’s gather the ingredients first – 6 vitamin E capsules, Â½ cup olive oil, Â¼ cup jojoba oil, half an avocado, and 1 cup honey.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together and make a thick mixture.
- You can even add 1 egg white if you are going to be using the mixture immediately after it is ready.
- If the mixture is too thick, you can add coconut oil or regular whole milk.
- Directly apply on your scalp and hair, and leave it in for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair properly with shampoo and conditioner recommended for your hair type.
For Silky, Shiny Hair
- For our next olive oil hair treatment, we require 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon honey, and 2 egg whites.
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and apply it properly in your hair.
- Massage your scalp for few minutes and let the mixture be in your hair for couple of hours.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water and then shampoo and condition hair normally.
- Use a wide toothed comb to remove tangles and let your hair air dry completely.
Olive oil hair treatment is highly recommended for those of you who want hair care simple and easy.Â The benefits it brings is also helpful to be more healthy hair growth.Â More often you do this treatment, then it would be great results youâ€™ll get later.