If you are a fan of Martina Mcbride’s hair style, then this page is definitely right for you. The Grammy-award winning singer has mostly worn her hair long and burgundy colored, but she’s one of those rare lucky women who also looks great with short and sassy hair.
Any shade of brunette hair- dark or light – seems to suit her as well.Â From short to long hair, Martina always looks amazing. Below are some Martina McBride hairstyles that might can gives you a new inspiration.
As beautiful as Martina McBride’s long hairstyles are, she also wears a sassy short hairstyle with flair. A razored cut gives her soft ends and a wispy look. The bangs are feathered and swept to the side. Achieve this look by first applying mousse and then parting the hair to one side. Use a small round brush and blow-dry out the back. Blow-dry the sides straight and the top under. Blow-dry the bangs forward and to the opposite side of the part. Wax them into shape. Then apply styling wax to the back of the hair and the sides, pulling them forward and creating wisps. For a sleeker look with this same cut, use a softer gel and a medium round brush to sculpt the layers as you blow-dry. Use the brush to lift and separate the layers. Then use a medium size curling iron or rollers to get more volume at the roots. If you want it smoother yet, use a smaller brush. Whatever you do, spray to keep it in place.
This look gives you a touch of vintage glamour with a modern sensibility. With side-swept bangs and the ends curled, you’ll look elegant and sophisticated. Begin with mousse and part your hair to one side. Using a large round brush, blow-dry the back and then the sides under. Blow-dry your bangs forward to the opposite side on which you parted your hair. Blow-dry the top under. Then use a large curling iron to curl the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Finish with smoothing shine and lacquer.
Long and Straight
On the other hand, a straight long hairstyle also requires a fair bit of work to look right, even though it’s deceptively simple. The layers are short and shaped and short bangs worn off to the side, adding definition to the face. Again, you have to have medium to thick hair to carry this off well. To style, apply moisturizer and then sculpture lotion. Part the hair either to the left or right, whichever suits you best (Martina wore it to the left). Section the hair and blow-dry the back and sides with a medium round brush. Dry the crown and then bangs, forward to the side. When you are done, wax the back of your hair and then the sides (using slightly less wax). Lift the roots and wax down the bangs. Apply smoothing shine cream and hairspray. It is a lot of fuss, but will look great.
Another Martina McBride hairstyles is face framing hairstyle. To get this style, you need to follow the instructions below. Check it out!
Martina has chosen an elegant and sophisticated cut for her deep chestnut locks. The side swept bangs and face framing layers that are a feature of this haircut accentuate Martina’s stunning cheekbones and the long layers added throughout will give dimension and volume to fine hair.
Things You’ll Need
- Radial Brush
- Blow Dryer
- Curling Iron
- Smoothing Shine
- Apply styling mousse to damp hair, using your palm as a measuring guide, and evenly distribute it along the hair shaft. Styling mousse will add hold and can help achieve better results.
- Using the corner of your comb and standing in front of a mirror find the middle of your left eye and then drag the comb straight up slowly until you reach your hairline and then continue back in a straight manner to achieve an even left part. A side part is great for longer face shapes because it creates the illusion of width.
- A large radial brush is usually used on long straight hair types or to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures. When selecting a radial brush, always use one with a pure bristle as this will not tear or damage the hair.
- To blow-dry under, start at the nape/back and place your brush under the section of hair close to the nape. With the dryer held up over the hair, pull the brush from the roots and continue to the mid length’s, keeping the blow-dryer following over the top. Once you reach the ends, curve them under. Repeat this step until the section is completely dry.
- To blow-dry the sides, take out a small section of hair from the front and clip the rest of the hair away. Next, place the brush under the section and then pull the brush and hair forward around your face (this curving motion creates body). Place the hair-dryer on top of the brush until you reach the ends and then turn the ends under. Repeat until dry.
- When blow-drying your bangs to the side, section your hair up and clip your hair back to leave only your bangs out. Remember to make sure that your bangs are damp to make blow-drying more effective. Next, take your brush and place it underneath the hair and then blow-dry starting from the roots, adding tension to the hair as you go. Slowly pull your section down to the ends and continue until dry.
- Take a section of your hair no wider than the diameter of your brush. Place your brush under and at the roots of your section. Then with your blow-dryer above, drag the brush up through the mid-lengths and ends of the hair following with your blow-dryer and pulling the hair to the left. Repeat until your hair is completely dry.
- Take a section of your hair no wider than the diameter of your brush. Place your brush under and at the roots of your section. Then with your blow-dryer above, drag the brush up through the mid-lengths and ends of the hair following with your blow-dryer and pulling the hair to the right. Repeat until your hair is completely dry.
- A large curling iron is used to create large soft curls and can be used to add body.
- Take a small section of hair and place the ends at the base of your curling iron barrel and then wrap the hair up around the barrel until you reach your mid-lengths. Hold the hair for 5 to 10 seconds and then release the hair by unwinding the strands backwards.
- Apply a very small amount of smoothing shine to the palms of your hands and then run it through the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Be careful not to add any to the roots or a large amount to any section of the hair as smoothing shine can be very heavy on the hair, weighing it down and making it appear oily.
- Lacquer is great for strong hold. A small amount is all that is required to finish and should be applied from an arms length distance to the entire style.
Martina McBride Hairstyles Pictures
Martina McBride hairstyles are elegant and glamorous without looking overdone. While they do take a lot of styling to achieve just the right look, with practice you can have the same country star flair of this popular singer.