When you are using non permanent hair colors you have the advantage to wash away the color of you do not like it.A thing which we cannot say about permanent hair color. Many ways that can be used, you just have to learn how to do it correctly. It is not so hard to learn how to remove non permanent hair color because like it says on the box it is non-permanent.Â Sometimes the color people get on their hair it too dark or bright and they start to panic. The good news is that you can remove the color faster if you act fast. The color takes about 72 hours to enter into the hair threads so the faster you act the better.
There are many products available that can be useful in correcting the health hazards that we face, which may cause hair damage. Cosmetic products used for removing non permanent hair color can easily be found in drug stores.Â Better to use a safe way, such as home remedies. Here are some steps that you can try at home;
Shampoo your Hair
- Wash and shampoo your hair immediately. Use a shampoo with a high pH level to lift the cuticle of your hair.
- You may also use a clarifying shampoo that strips the hair color deposits.
- Washing your hair using a dandruff shampoo can also help.
- You may need to wash and shampoo your hair repeatedly to see results.
Vitamin C Infused Shampoo
Mix 1 part Vitamin c into 2 parts shampoo, stir until frothy and lather into damp hair. Let sit, then rinse. Repeat as necessary.
- After the first 24 hours, coat your hair with vinegar, and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Continue this regimen for the next few days or until the hair color fades into to a satisfactory color.
- Mix one 1/2 cup of vinegar with one cup of water to make a good home remedy for hair color removal.
Cotton Balls with Concoction of Alcohol
Use sterile cotton balls to apply a concoction of alcohol â€“ 70% onto your hair strands. As far as possible, make sure the scalp area is not touched.
Lemon Juice and Tartar
- Make a paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar to remove the unwanted hair color.
- Coat your hair with this mixture, and leave it for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly.
- Lighten your hair color a few shades by coating your hair with equal amounts of baking soda and shampoo for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After thoroughly rinsing your hair, use a deep conditioner to minimize the damage.
- Know the condition of your hair before applying a hair color product. Do not apply non permanent hair color if your scalp is damaged or itchy.
- There are a number of hair color brands available in the market.Â Then read all the instructions very carefully before buying one.
- Wear protective rubber gloves while applying a hair color.
- If you see that you have colored the entire scalp with the hair color, then comb the hair with a wide toothed comb. Wear a plastic cap to cover your hair and then wash your hair thoroughly until water runs clear.
- Dry your hair with a blow dry or a towel and style as desired. Flaunt your new hair color in style.
IfÂ home remedies do not work to remove the color,Â and you are still not happy with the results, see a professional. A color expert can help you decide what route you should take to restore your hair to its happy and healthy self.