Whether you want a flirty hairstyle for a night out or a casual ‘do for a day at the office, spiral curls give you a new, playful look. Spiral curls are best created on hair that is shoulder length or slightly longer and cut with lots of layers in varying lengths.Â Spiral curls are easy to style and maintain throughout the day.
Getting spiral curls at a salon is generally expensive, but learning how to style your hair or up-do with spiral curls yourself can be simple with the right tools and techniques. With hot rollers you can create bouncy spiral curls no matter which type of hot roller set that you have.
Following instructions are some good ways to create spiral curls with hot rollers :
- Wash and condition your hair the night before you plan to create spiral curls with hot rollers.
- Apply volumizing mousse or gel to encourage the curls to last longer. Begin applying the product at the bottom of your hair and work your way toward your scalp.
- Divide your hair into 1- to 2-inch triangle-shaped sections. Twist each section and roll as tightly around the curler and as close to your scalp as possible. Secure well with a fitting pin.
- Allow the rollers to remain in your hair until the heat indicators revert back to their original color. This usually takes between 20 and 30 minutes.
- Take out the rollers one at a time. Once each section is free of the roller, use your fingers to twist the curl into a spiral shape. Spritz each curl with hairspray and fasten as tightly as possible against your scalp with a hairpin. Allow the curls to remain pinned for one hour.
- Remove the pins carefully after one hour and use your fingers to loosen the curls to the desired tightness. Spray well with a lightweight hairspray.
Tips & Warnings
- Do not comb or brush your hair after curling.
- Avoid using hot rollers every day to prevent heat damage.
Now you know how to create spiral curls with hot rollers. Then what are you waiting for??? gather stuff you need to style your hair and create cool looking spiral curls, or hit the salon and get permanent spiral curls that you can wear for months! Cheers!