Every bride wants to look her absolute best on her wedding day. A bride’s wedding day look begins with her hairstyle, wedding dresses and hair accessories. Avoid paying for expensive wedding hair combs, instead make your own. Then, you can customise your wedding hair comb with your beautiful gown to match.
Hereâ€™s some steps to make your own wedding hair combs:
Things you need
- Undecorated wedding hair combs
- Hot glue gun
- Silk flowers
- Seed beads and pearls
To create :
- Choose sturdy metal or plastic combs to decorate. You can usually find these types of undecorated combs in the bridal section of your local craft store. You may want to pick up a couple of extra combs just in case.
- Plug in your glue gun and allow ten to fifteen minutes for it to warm up.
- Plan the decoration of your hair comb. You can experiment with the placement of flowers and beads before gluing them on to see how they look. You may want to spend some time studying premade hair combs for ideas and inspiration.
- Dab hot glue on the back of your silk flowers and press them into place on the comb. For larger flowers, you may need to use a healthy amount of glue to ensure the flower does not fall off.
- Add seed beads, sequins and pearls to your decoration, using small dabs of glue on the backs of the beads and pearls before pressing them into place on the comb.
- Allow the glue to cool and dry before using the combs, otherwise you risk loosening or dislodging the flowers.
For your wedding day, you donâ€™t have to spend a lot money to enhance your look. Â Making your own wedding hair combs is a project that will save your money and allow you to express your own unique and personal style. Make the task a creative group project and invite friends to get together to help make hair combs.