Straight hair sometimes can get very boring. Even many people with straight hair have problems about the hair being too fine and lacking in volume. Also, straight hair styles seem to be repetitive after some time. A great way to add a healthy bounce to the hair is to make it curly. There are many ways to make the hair curly. One of the best way is go for perming hair. Perming is a great way to get permanent curls in your hair.
There are different types of perms, which depends upon the hairstylist and the method used to curl the tresses. Hair is treated with chemicals and that defines the type of perm. One of them is a spiral perm, a spiral permÂ give hair volume, texture and a new style, leaving your hair looking and feeling better. To get a spiral perm hair, some instructions below would help you to achieve these style :
Things you will need :
- Hair clips
- Perm kit
- Perm rods
- Spray bottle
The Steps :
- Separate the hair into four equal sections: back, sides and front. Clip each section up, leaving a small section in the back down. Rub petroleum jelly around the ears and neck to prevent staining or dripping onto the skin.
- Grab a 1-inch section of hair and comb it to remove tangles. Take an end paper and fold it in half over the end of that section of hair while holding it in place with your hand. The paper will protect your hair from the perm chemicals and is included in the perm kit.
- Use one hand to the hold the perm rod vertically while wrapping the ends of the hair around the bottom of the perm rod. Roll the rod upward while turning it right until it reaches the base of the neck, then secure the rod by snapping each end in place.
- Move on to the other sections, turning the rods left and horizontally. Alternating the directions of the rods will ensure that the hair will curl in an orderly fashion. Repeat this method, releasing one section of hair at a time, wrapping each strand evenly.
- Squirt the perm solution all over the head so that it coats the hair completely all the way to the scalp. Cover your head with a plastic or shower cap and let the hair sit for the amount of time as instructed on the box.
- Rinse the solution off with warm water completely, then apply the neutralizer in the same way as the solution and leave it on for five minutes. Rinse your hair once again and use a towel to absorb the excess water.
- Unsnap and unroll the rods gently downward to release the hair.
Note : Use your fingers to fluff and separate the hair. If blow drying, use a diffuser attachment to style the hair.
The end result of spiral perm produces more volume, and gives a subtle texture to the hair too. It will give you curls of different lengths and sizes. Also, it will give you bouncy yet soft looking curls. As the curls’ size can be small to large, you will see a depth in the hair which will render it a subtle texture.
If you have very fine and thin hair, then spiral curls will add a lot of volume to the hair too. Spiral perms have a certain saucy look overall. A woman can look her gorgeous best with this hairstyle. If you decided to try out a spiral perm, to get the best results, make sure you go toÂ the best stylist in town. Good Luck!