Braids are the most popular girlâ€™s hairstyle nowadays. There are many types of braids, including the basic braid, the french braid and the fishtail braid.Â The fishtail braid is called that because it resembles a fish’s tail. The fishtail braid is a simple variation of the standard braid. A fish tail braid is a different look for those who like to change things around. It isn’t difficult so give it a try. This is a great hairstyle.
The basic steps of fishtail braid
- Pull your hair back into a ponytail. You can part your hair down the middle first or pull it straight back. Secure with an elastic.
- Divide the ponytail into two equal sections. Hold one section in your right hand and one in your left.
- Switch both sections to one hand. Create a third section by removing a small portion of hair from the outside of section one.
- Cross the third section over and combine it with section two. You are again left with two sections.
- Remove a small section of hair from the outside of section two. Cross it over and combine it with section one.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until your braid has reached the desired length. Secure the end with an elastic.
In generally, the fishtail braid is work best for long hair. But if you have short hair, no worries, you still can make this braid into your adorable short hair. For the easy steps, find it on the next paragraph.
Create the fishtail braid for short hair
- Fine-tooth comb
- Hair elastic
- Comb 4 to 6 inches of hair directly over the forehead into your fingers. Beginning the braid at the top of the head gives you more hair to work with than if you started at the nape.
- Divide the hair in your hand into two equal parts. Keep the sides separated with your pinkie and ring fingers on sides A and B.
- Pull half of hair from the outer portion of side A and overlap it into the center between sides A and B. Repeat on side B. Overlap the two strands in the center so they form an X. Continue maintaining separate parts so the only connecting hair strands are those overlapping in the center.
- Continue pulling 1/2 inch of hair from the outer sides and overlapping the two pieces in the middle. Make your braid uniform and symmetrical braid by drawing an even amount of hair from both sides before overlapping.
- Braid the hair downward in a straight line until you run out of room at the bottom. Wrap an elastic hair tie around the bottom of the braid to secure the hair.
Video Tutorial taken from Youtube
Click This —>Easy Fishtail Braid Tutorial
The Fishtail Braid Pictures
For the various styles of the fishtail braid, there are several hairstyles you can create with fishtail braids.. The first variation is the classic single fishtail braids. The single fishtail braids can be woven into the hair starting at the crown of the head to create a clean, smooth hairstyle that closely resembles a French braid. When creating this style, begin braiding your hair just above the crown of the head and work down to the base of the skull. Begin to braid the hair away from the scalp at this point and form a braided ponytail until youâ€™ve reached the tips of the hair. You can then fasten it with a ponytail holder and the style is complete.
On the other hand, the Dual fishtail braids is a great style that already popular lately. These braids woven into either side of the head, can join at the base of the skull to merge into a single ponytail. To create this style, part the hair evenly, straight down the skull to the base. Weave a braid into one side of the head and bring the braid back to the center of the base of the skull. Tie this braid tightly with a hair tie to hold it while you repeat the same process on the other side of the head. Remove the hair tie from the base of the first braid and merge the two. Braid them into a single ponytail that breaks away from the head, all the way to the tips of the hair. Secure the end with a hair tie.
Lastly, Dual fishtail plaits, or pigtails, can be worn as a fun and unusual take on the typical fishtail braid. To create this look, part the hair down the center of the skull, dividing the hair into two equal portions. Plait a fishtail braid into one side, starting at the back of the skull and working your way to the area beneath the ears, right at the base of the hairline. Begin to braid the hair away from the scalp into a single ponytail using the length of the hair; braid in this fashion all the way to the tips of your hair. Repeat this process on the other side of your head to complete your dual fishtail braids.
When it comes to discuss about the braids especially for the fishtail braids, thereâ€™s no limit about it. In line with progress of time. This braids has evolved into a unique hair style and favored by many women in all ages. No wonder, today… a fishtail braid become a hot trend.