The straightener, though mostly used to straighten hair, are now also being used for curling hair. Here is a simple step wise procedure which can easily be carried out at home.
When curling hair with straightener, make sure that the hair that needs to be curled should be completely dry. Although there are some straighteners which claim that they can be used on slightly wet hair, yet for best results, blow dry your hair completely. If you have time, you can let your hair dry naturally as this will prevent any kind of damage to the hair caused by excess heat.
Hereâ€™s the easy steps how to curl your hair with a straightener :
- Divide hair and take a .5 to 1-inch strand to style.
- Clamp hair in the straightener as if straightening it. Drag down piece of hair until you reach the point that you want the strand to start curling.
- While still clamped, take the flat iron and flip it 180Âº at the point you want the curl to start.
- Continue to drag straightener down strand of hair with the straightener still flipped all the way down the entire strand.
- Once you flip the straightener, you might have to use your other hand to feed the rest of the strand through the flat iron to make sure it doesn’t run off the heated plates.
- The slower you drag the straightener down a strand, the tighter the curl will be.
- Separate different sized strands for a more natural curled look.
For more details, see how to curl your hair with a straightener tutorial on these video!
source : youtube
Now you can do how to curl your hair with a straightener Â by yourself at home. Remember not to use a brush. Style using your hands and spray a finishing product to help the curls stay. You just need to follow curly hair styling tips and proper hair care, as you would be using some styling products during the curling process.