The look of goddess braids is unique and elegant, making it perfect for a night out on the town. Goddess braids are great for special occasions or for anyone who likes a fancy updo. Â These braids usually involve large cornrows twisted up into a bun or knot, often adorned with smaller cornrows. Other times the style is large cornrows in a cornrow pattern.
Goddess braids are not easy to do. Since they are thick braids, if not done correctly, they will unravel. There is a special technique to do Goddess braids the correct way. Below are step by step instructions for creating goddess braids :
- Plan your style by mapping out the parts that you want to make in the hair. These will establish what the finishes style looks like.
- Separate a chunk of extension hair from the main bunch thatâ€™s as thick as you want the braid to be.
- Divide the chunk of hair into 2 sections, with one section being twice as thick as the other.
- Loop the thinner section of hair over the thicker section making three sections of hair of about the same thickness.
- Staying within the section of hair that youâ€™ve parted for the braid, take the synthetic hair and starting at the hairline put it in the center of the parted hair.
- Begin braiding the hair back as you would with a cornrow being careful to integrate the real hair with the extension hair as evenly as possible.
- Keep adding extension hair as you continue down the length of the braid to maintain the size and fullness.
- Keep braiding down to the ends of the hair. Take a good pair of scissors and clip off any flyaway hairs that popped up.
- When youâ€™ve finished your whole head, dip the ends of your braids in boiling hot water to seal them (be very careful not to burn yourself with the water or steam).
- Complete the style by arranging the loose ends of the hair any way you want them and spray with light oil sheen.
Or you can go check the video tutorial below :
Click These —>Goddess Braids Tutorial
The Goddess Braids Hairstyle Pictures
Goddess braids are very easy to maintain. To keep your style looking good for 4-6 weeks (longer depending on how it’s done), tie a silk or satin scarf around it every night and use light oil sheen on the braids every other day. Â Always deep condition your hair before you put the braids back in or move on to another style. Good luck!