Dark hair color is mysterious and sexy when worn right. In fact, there are a lot of dark hair color ideas which are wonderful because they allow girls to look amazing even if dark hair isnâ€™t exactly suitable for them. As long as you get the right dark shade, you will be able to have your facial features enhanced, achieving a lovely and feminine appearance in a simple way.
Below are dark hair color ideas given to you:
Black hair with purple highlights is a more daring play on the jet black look. In some lights, it just looks black, and in others, you can catch glimpses of purple. Itâ€™s a mysterious color combination.
Jet black hair color
Jet black is attractive on any woman. Play it up with a middle part and sleek, shiny curls for a look that has become popular with many celebrities.
Ashy dark hair color
This ashy hue may look a bit odd at first glance, but never fear, itâ€™s a slightly less daring version of the popular grey hair color that everyoneâ€™s raving about. Rather than a straight grey, it combines different highlights of black and light brown for a desired â€œashyâ€ effect.
To perk up your plain tresses, highlight your hair with complementary shade. Itâ€™s a very natural look, but great for when you tire of the ordinary, but are hesitant to adopt a completely new color.
Here are some tips that will help in the process of getting highlighting or lowlighting in dark hair color ideas.
- Before applying any hair color, do a little photoshop version checks of the color you have selected, to get a preview of how the color will look on your dark hair.
- A general rule of the thumb while selecting colors for highlighting your hair, is to select a shade which is 2-3 shades lighter than your base hair color.
- A general rule of thumb while selecting colors for lowlighting your hair, is to select a shade which is 2-3 shades darker than your base hair color.
- While getting hair highlights, make sure you get at least 8 streaks in your hair. If you are going for more, then go for skinny streaks.
- For a subtle hair coloring look, opt for many skinny highlights, which are well placed in your hair.
- For a fall look get lowlights in hair.
- If you wish your highlights for dark hair to stand out then opt for bright colored chunky highlights.
Besides that, before you coloring,Â you also need to consider your eye color and complexion while picking up a hair color. Otherwise with a wrong shade of hair color, you can look too pasty or drawn. Here are some suggestion for you according 2 category:
The Cool Category
People who belong to the cool category can have a skin tone of an olive complexion seen in Asians and Latinos, pale complexion with pink undertones or no color, bronze or brown complexion after tanning, dark brown skin, medium complexion with light or pink color in the cheeks or no color, and medium complexion with golden undertones. The eye color can be hazel colored with light flecks, dark blue, grayish blue, dark brown or blackish brown.
The Warm Category
The people who belong to the warm category can have the following – pale complexion with peach or golden undertones, ruddy complexion, brown skin tone with pink or golden undertones, or a freckled complexion. The eye color can be green, greenish blue, golden brown or hazel eyes with brown or golden colored flecks.
Those are dark hair color ideas just for you, Hopefully these article can add your inspiration in coloring!